QUICK LINKS
MAIN MENU
CONNECT WITH US

Button

Clinical Trial Details

Title
Effects of Oral Levosimendan (ODM-109) on Respiratory Function in Patients with ALS
Study Description

The purpose of this research study is to measure how safe and effective levosimendan (ODM-109) is in treating patients with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis). This will be done by measuring breathing function. The study staff will ask questions about your health status and safety will be followed by blood tests, medical examinations and documenting how much care you need for your ALS. (For details, please refer to section study visits)

In this study, you will receive either the study drug levosimendan (ODM-109) or placebo. The chances of you receiving levosimendan (ODM-109) are 2:1 (67 % chance to receive study drug and 33% chance to receive placebo). This study is a double-blind trial, this means that neither you nor your doctor will know which treatment group you are in (although, if your study doctor needs to find out he/she can do so).

Investigators

Principal Investigator
Michael T. Pulley, M.D., Ph.D.
Neurology

Resources

News & Announcements

Upcoming Events

There are currently no events to display. Check back soon!