The following are some examples of the UF Privacy Office functions:
- Ensure the use or disclosure of patient medical information is for a permissible purpose.
- Review patient requests for amendments, access to records, restrictions or confidential communications.
- Address issues involving business associates.
- Perform HIPAA privacy training for employees.
- Conduct investigations of alleged privacy violations and enforce disciplinary actions as appropriate.
- Respond to HIPAA privacy related questions from physicians, employees and staff.
Additional information, including information on policies and procedures, may be obtained at privacy.health.ufl.edu/jacksonville/ or at privacy.health.ufl.edu/.