The Center for Health Equity and Quality Research (CHEQR) offers biostatistical consulting and research support services to faculty, residents, fellows and other researchers.
CHEQR has faculty and staff trained in biostatistics, human subject protection (IRB, consent, etc.), health services research, community-base participatory research and population research.
A series of biostatistics lectures and statistical software user group sessions are offered. The biostatistics for clinical research lecture series is presented during the spring and fall and consists of multiple independent one hour lectures.
Although our particular area of interest is health disparities/health equity, CHEQR offers consultation services to faculty and staff of the UF College of Medicine–Jacksonville campus on all aspects of research:
- Research design
- Questionnaire development
- Sample size/power determinations
- Data collection tools and measurement
- Data entry, management and cleaning
- Data analysis:
- Descriptive and hypothesis driven analyses
- Interpretation of results
- Assistance in using and preparing graphics to support statistical conclusions
- Assistance in drawing statistically based conclusions & crafting a results section
With interdepartmental agreements CHEQR staff provide more assistance overseeing and managing all of the above steps in the research process.
To request a consultation please complete the consulting and research services form. You can also call (904) 244-9620 to have a form sent to you and to schedule an appointment.
Contact the CHEQR for lecture registration, appointment scheduling or for more information.